12.02.2012

At home with: National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation

Merry Christmas. Merry Christmas, Merry Christmas, Merry Christmas, kiss my ass. 
Kiss his ass. Kiss your ass. Happy Hanukkah.

Do you know what one of my favorite holiday traditions is? Watching Christmas movies. Lots of them. One of the things I love about Christmas movies are the “houses” that the families live in. They are always so cozy and filled with family members running around starting all sorts of hijinks. I honestly can't get enough of it. I just want to move right in. I am also one of those people that notices everything about the set of a movie or tv show. Yes, I am the annoying one in the peanut gallery saying "Damn, that table is pimp." or "Eww, that paint color is hideous." Seeing that I obviously have a combined love of Christmas movies and design, I thought it was only right that the two join forces into a holiday movie design extravaganza (without being too cliche to the movie). You dig it? 

I dedicate this blog post to the Griswold Family Christmas. The numero uno Christmas movie. It wouldn't be Christmas in our house without watching this movie at least 5 times. What? I like the Griswolds ok?

JOOOOOOYYY TOOOO THHHHE WOOORRRLLLLDD!


1. Sconce | 2. Toile Wallpaper | 3. Tea Towel | 4. Jelly
5. Lights | 6. Suitcases | 7. Hat | 8. Art Print
9. Advent Calendar | 10. Ice Cream | 11. Cookie Jar | 12. Shoes

I don't know what to say, except it's Christmas and we're all in misery.

Random thought - How sweet would it be to have a holiday party with a Christmas movie theme? You could go ape shit crazy with fun ideas. Anyone ever attend such a party?

1 comment: